Biotechnology Careers Training and Leadership
By 2020, India will the smallest country in the world, with young people under 35 in 65% of the population. However, if we do not take the necessary measures to ensure access to higher education and training our people are difficult to reach them with the skills necessary to meet the challenge of lack of skilled labor of education can be bounced back on us and be very harmful. We face enormous challenges and only 10% of young people have access to higher education, and our training infrastructure is inadequate, fragmented and often obsolete, curriculum review is not done as much as it should be between 30 and 40% of vacancies in institutions and biotechnology careers training opportunities The re-training of trainers is limited Most students do not have sufficient hands-on training and hands-on industry and are oblivious to the aspirations and demands of the industry.
This requires urgent measures to significantly improve the quality of education and skills development, including the proactive involvement of the industry and their organizations in revising radical reform programs, preparing and updating educational materials, hands-on training for students, etc. I want to develop a successful case study for the development of Integrated Human Resource Management for Biotechnology, a highly dynamic program that continued to evolve based on feedback from various stakeholders that current and former students, faculty, academic institutions and research program experts. Industries.
Opportunities for biotechnology careers training and retraining of university scientists, graduate studies and research through the provision of a forum for interaction through the organization of seminars/workshops and presentation of scientific results and courses of advanced techniques. There are abundant short-term training partnerships in major national and foreign laboratories. Instilling the support of the various scientific departments in universities in the first college star course multi-disciplinary culture system in the enterprise and joint operation workshops. Workshops for laboratory personnel in the preparation of reagents, dealing with pathogens, sampling, maintenance of laboratory equipment, safety measures, etc. were an additional bonus. Universities also organize a number of activities to sensitize students and teachers of schools and colleges in important neighborhood countries and socially relevant scientific issues.
The results of HR initiatives described the main DBT below:
1. Capture Young: To attract the best minds of basic science, the DCT DCT Scholarship in Biology began in 1989 for the top biology students in the 10 + 2 examination conducted by CBSE. This program was extended to all countries 2006-2007, the number of scholarships has been increased to 100 per year and the amount of scholarships has been increased to Rs.20,000 / -. Although small numbers, DBT scholarships enable to attract the best minds to continue his life Biotechnology careers.
2. To attract and develop the best minds: In recent years, more and more believe that the best minds do not join scientific courses and choose professional biotechnology courses in engineering, medicine, management, biotechnology jobs etc. only science education in theory (due to lack of laboratory equipment and expensive chemicals) Also serves as a deterrent. DBT is designed to provide a comprehensive system for the overall development of all science departments in some universities graduate to strengthen the laboratory infrastructure, providing opportunities to interact with the departments involved in the university and visits to research institutions and local industries. The focus of the program is provided on hands-on research and limited exposure to university students to instill interest in science.
3. The educational program for postgraduate students in biotechnology: India is one of the first countries in the world to start the PG education program in biotechnology as early as 1985-1986. Based on the need for specialized manpower and regional ambitions, the programs have been expanding teaching to more than 70 universities covering various disciplines such as General, Agricultural Biotechnology, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Marine, Industrial, Bio-Resources, Veterinary Medicine, Food, Engineering and Medical biotechnology processes. The Department of Liberal Grants provides good procurement equipment for applied classroom work routine, annual grant for consumer goods, fellowship, travel, books and magazines, equipment maintenance, training, and emergency. In-house and mandatory thesis and thesis grant Rs.50,000 / – have been made in the progress of the student to ensure training in good quality research. Students are selected on the basis of each India Entrance Test conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University, a joint admission exam conducted by the JAM IIT or the University Examination.
4. Reducing tournament shortcomings: To improve job opportunities and overcome the skills deficit of students produced by universities and industry needs, the Ministry launched the Industrial Biotechnology engineering Training Program in 1993-94 to provide industrial training for 6 months. This program is mutually beneficial and is very popular among students because it gives them direct experience of industry, environment, and expectations, as well as an opportunity for industries to select their work as possible. Each year, about 700 to 800 students receive training for over 150 companies and 25 to 30% of students find work in industry or other industry coaches in the same field.
5. Research Opportunities: The administration of doctoral fellowships is offered at universities and research institutes in the country. Students are selected on the basis of the Online Biotechnology Demonstration (BET) conducted in the country. Students are selected after doctoral scholarships based on submitting the research proposal to a committee of experts. This program encourages students to join a school other than one where they have completed their doctorate. Students who took advantage of this grant rose to leadership positions in universities and research institutes.
6. Outreach: The Ministry supports the organization of national and international seminars and conferences, organizes popular lectures of eminent scholars, and supports travel for students and researchers to participate in international conferences and exhibitions to showcase products, processes, and techniques. These activities provide opportunities for young students and researchers to interact with national and international experts who help shape your career future. Regular and coordinated efforts by the Department of Biotechnology and other funding agencies such as DST, UGC, have encouraged students to practice basic Biotechnology Careers Training and provide employment for skilled lobar needed for education, research, production, processing, and biotechnology. There are student opportunities in Agricultural biotechnology companies involved in the production of genetically modified plants, seed industries, agriculture tissue units, biochemicals, biocides, etc. and improved environmental and pharmaceutical industries, diagnostics, vaccines, new drug molecules, clinical research organizations clinical trials, biotech companies, etc.
More Latest Tech Seen